Monday, September 15, 2008

Week 1 - The March to The Super Bowl

September 8, 2008

The Saints began their march to the Super Bowl.  You may have caught it.
Here were the highlights:

Things we haven't seen much of:
1.  Defensive Backs that actually knock down a few passes
2.  Interception by a linebacker.
3.  A middle linebacker making tackles
4.  A tight end that actually knows where the first down marker is.
5.  Reggie breaking loose.
6.  Pierre Thomas being used
7.  Some pressure from the defensive line.

Things we take for granted:
1. Drew Brees - set up to have an MVP year.
2. Marquis Colston - could someday surpass Rickey Jackson as the greatest Saint ever.

Does anyone else but me see that Pierre Thomas is a real running back? 
Does anyone else but me think we still could have blitzed a little more?  Jeff Garcia wasn't at his sharpest.   He'll play better next time.
Does anyone else but me think that Reggie Bush is a little star-crossed.  Maybe this game will be the one that builds his confidence, but
Does anyone else think that swing pass is going to get someone decapitated?
Does anyone else watching Hard Knocks on HBO not believe that the road to the Super Bowl goes through Dallas?  They are loaded.

Next game at Redskins - and although I didn't get to go to the opener because I'm in Washington, I get to go to game 2 because I'm in Washington.
Watch for me.

No comments: