Friday, October 24, 2008

Throwing it in Reverse on the road to the Super Bowl

In Bob Newhart's classic skit "The Driving Instructer" his student driver tells Bob he can always use the "other way of stopping" which is "throwing it in reverse" to which Bob replies, "yea, I guess that would do it."

The Saints threw it in reverse Sunday against the Carolina Panthers in what was a crucial game, laying a 30-7 egg.

They immediately left the country.

I don't really know what else to say about the game. No matter what job you have, there are days you'd like to forget. So, let's just forget this one.

Meanwhile I noticed that the TV show NCIS is using the theme "the season that changes everything."

That's exactly what I thought 2006 was going to be. Silly rabbit.

I'll be sitting back and hoping that the Saints have gained some kind of time zone advantage because they crossed 2 less time zones than the Chargers in this London home game that fortunately was left out of my season ticket package.

No comments: