Monday, October 24, 2011

Saints Report # 7 - October 23, 2011

I know football.
I was worried about the Saints Sunday night matchup with the Indianapolis Colts.
I thought it was a trap game.
I thought the Saints might take the Colts lightly because the Colts were winless.
I thought the Colts were improving.
I thought the Colts were primed for a win.
I thought the Colts would want revenge for their Super Bowl upset by the Saints.
I thought the Saints would make a star of a new opposing quarterback, as is their tradition.
I thought the Saints would run the ball like the 2010 Saints that showed up in Tampa last week.
I thought the Saints defense would continue to struggle.
I thought the Saints offense would suffer without Sean Payton on the sidelines.
I thought the Saints would have problems getting the plays in.
I thought the Colts would onside kick at some point.
I thought the Saints would miss their starting center who threw in the towel during the week.
I thought the Saints would struggle to block the Colts defensive ends.
I was worried.

Guess I don’t know football.
With Drew Brees playing a nearly perfect game without so much as a word from Sean Payton, the Saints rarely even saw a 3rd down. It was a dominant performance unlike any a Saints team has ever put on.

How good was Drew Brees? Let me quote the local paper:
“Brees completed 21 of 26 passes for 260 yards in the first half. He finished the game completing 31 of 35 passes for 335 yards and 5 touchdowns….”

Guess I don’t know football.

No comments: